Pages

Sunday 7 August 2016

Friendship Day Mush.

Dear Ex-Best Friend,

As you had known me since a long long time, you knew I was horrible when it came to dealing with losing people, and even though the world was unable to see what that did to me or was doing to me, you always could sense it :) Best Friend things right? I don't know what you are upto, I don't get to give you random calls to just say 'Hi' or say nothing at all, and I don't get to post random things on your wall because I just wanted to and now there's no one to irritate me to the extent that I'd hit them with whatever I have in my hand. I get to see your activity once in a while, and I smile and sigh at times reading a few things, or when someone else comes up and tells me about what you're doing, I go back to the time, when I would make sure you were the first person to know even the most stupid thing that happened with me. I hope whatever you are doing is giving you the happiness that you felt whenever you would see a bollywood movie that had SRK! :D I hope you do what we spoke about in our 2am conversations !  Yes, I would have been happier if you would still have been around you know, Since you definitely uncomplicated life for me, but C'est la vie.

Dear Best Friend, 


I am surprised and glad because you’ve managed to stick around with someone who’s at times erratic, complex, lost and at the same time focused, decisive, sorted. I lose my cool more often than I should, I say things which I don't mean, and I will continue to do so, because I know, even if I do that, I can wake up the next morning and text you and you will understand, like you always do, even without words, and I don't know how you do it. I don't know how over a text message you can guess that things aren't fine. I can't keep anything from you, it's impossible. If I don't tell you, I cannot be at peace :P Because of which now you know too much, and hence I can't afford to lose you.
Know that I'll fuck up, a lot, but I will keep sending you mushy text messages, give you tight hugs, write you long letters and emails, do a lot of PDA, and no matter what happens, I shall always pick you up when you fall, and then go kill the person who made you fall! :D Stay, I need you, always. :) 

Dear New Friend/Acquaintance/Stranger, 

You are just around the corner, about to enter my bubble where something or the other keeps happening, life will never feel dull, because well, that’s how it’s supposed to be, or may be that’s how my life has always been and will be. I don't know if we will stay friends for days, months, years etc but I know if we hit it off, be sure that it's gonna be a happy crazy ride, and there'll be arguments, disagreements and miscommunications, but talking almost always resolves it. Call, Text, Shout, Fight, but don't just walk away, I can try to stop you but I cannot force you to stay :)

Dear You, (More than a friend, NOT) 

I will run out of time if I sit down to write what you've added to my life, and what you meant and always will mean to me. You taught me what hope really is, you taught me to fly and detach myself from reality and in the end you taught me how to safely land and be alright. Experiencing the range of emotions so intensely, learning to weave memories without capturing them via electronic devices, learning about something new each day, running to you and finding peace, finding home, I wouldn't trade that for anything and I wouldn't alter this even though it was flawed.
Though the shift from being my go-to-person and my backbone to nothing at all, made my life go for a toss but oh the strength that it brought along. I don't know what you are doing, which is sad and strange, but I hope you are doing what you wished to, and that you're happy, the happy where your smile reached your eyes, the happiness that good food got ! :) Thank you for being the selfless person that you were. Saying that I miss you is an understatement.


Dear all of the above,
What we were, What we are, What we will be doesn’t matter, because whoever you were you’ve added something to my life. 

I can’t promise you that I will be the best out of the friends that you have, because I falter, a lot, I get angry, a lot, I tend to zone out, a lot, but, I will always care, a lot, give you random hugs, a lot, write to you, a lot and I will fight for you and with you, a lot.

I can promise you that if ever you run out of people to go to, let me know and I shall not disappoint you, your secrets will go to my grave and even though I am as naive as you are, but together we'll find solutions to life's biggest problems. I promise to be the shoulder and the arms both and the one friend who will get drunk with you and who will get you drunk :) Wingwoman, Counsellor, Partner-in-crime, Entertainer; you name it and I can be that! :D 

Love, Hugs and Kisses,
Yours, 
(Hate Being Customised) Divya
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment