Pages

Wednesday 5 December 2012

For the LOVE I have for this WONDERFUL GAME : CRICKET!

Surprisingly I was mad , REALLY MAD about the game of CRICKET, since early childhood days, Reason being my brother and daddy.
I have grown up watching all the matches , from tests to one days to any series which ever was going on. It was more than a religion to be true.

I religiously watched five day long test matches, not missing anything. I was this mad about it.
I almost knew the players of various teams, about the game, etc. Though at that time too, I was unable to understand LBW, (leg before wicket) and I still dont! :P

My love for the game and for a few ones grew over time, I had my own dreams about meeting them once in this life ! and I still do have that dream close to my heart.
I dont remember any friend I had at that time who was interested in the game but like I said, it was more than a religion and I religiously followed it.

I still remember reading only the sports section whenever I was told to read the newspaper!
From collecting paper cuttings to praying that ,"GOD MAKE RAHUL DRAVID MARRY ME", I was HEAD OVER HEELS in love with the game! 
From prayers to believing in superstitions , everything that was possible , I did to ensure that India WINS! 

I grew up admiring Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, Soarav Ganguly, Gary Kirsten, Glenn McGrath, Steve Waugh etc!
I wrote about it, I watched every match as if I had an exam next day on it, screaming , jumping, and I loved doing it.

I never penned the happiness which a win and sadness that a series loss caused!
Heartbreaking moments and moments when I was jumping in happiness!
It was all a mixed bag of emotions.

Now, I see these marvels retiring its saddening because I wont be able to see them play all over again, May it be Soarav Ganguly or Steve Waugh or McGrath or Rahul, I miss watching them play! 
Probably this thought of not watching these players who were a huge part of my childhood led me to pen down all these random thoughts.

With this thought, I would end this, I hope I meet atleast some of them or one of them in my upcoming life, and that MOMENT would definitely be THE HAPPIEST MOMENT of my Life!

Love Cricket , Love the ones mentioned! :D :)
Cheers!

Divya
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment